Sliding windows are designed to roll from side to side in their own tracks. They are removable from these tracks for the cleaning of the exterior surfaces.
To Remove the interior sash (or right sash), Follow These Steps
- Roll the right sash to within 3″ of the left side. This will enable the sash to bypass the burglar block located in the header of the mainframe. ( photo1)
- Lift the sash up into the header of the mainframe as high as it will go.
- Pull the bottom of the sash toward you. This will clear the rollers and sash frame from the mainframe. ( photo 2)
- Lower the sash to the floor. (photo 3)
To Remove the Exterior sash (or left sash), Follow These Steps
- Roll the left sash to within 3″ of the right side.
- Lift the sash into the header of the mainframe.
- Pull the bottom of the sash toward you, and lower it to the floor. (photo 4)
Carefully clean the exterior of the sashes. To replace the sashes, simply reverse this process.